Update Tag: 27-10-2023
Kategorie: Marketing / PR
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology? Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world? You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, and whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programmes, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can fulfil your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Corporate Communications Director - Europe, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
Visa is seeking a Director – Corporate Communications, Europe, based in Continental Europe.
This newly created role in Europe will partner with Corporate Communications colleagues in the hub, market cluster-level and global teams, as well as critical partners such as Government Relations, Strategy, Human Resources, and Marketing, to advance and protect our reputation within the region.
A key aspect of this position will be to strengthen collaboration, alignment and best practice sharing in and across the European communications team, particularly at a market level.
Joining a high-performing, inclusive and growing team, and reporting to the Senior Director, Corporate Communications, Europe, the candidate will play a central role in helping to assess and respond to Visa’s most critical communications priorities in Europe.
A strong storyteller and leader, they will find appealing ways to get our messages across to internal and external audiences. They will be a strategic thinker, able to grasp topics quickly and have (or quickly develop) a solid understanding of the issues and opportunities in the payments industry.
The ideal candidate will be curious, business-focused and will enjoy taking on a diverse range of activities. This could include leading or supporting corporate communications and public affairs projects within one of our 37 markets as well as working on Europe-wide initiatives as a lead communications advisor.
They will support in the delivery and execution of several European PR/digital campaigns over the course of the calendar year. Examples could include working on Visa’s communications planning for the Paris 2024 Olympic and Paralympic Games, where Visa is a Gold Sponsor; project managing Visa’s participation in some of the most high-profile payments events in Europe (online and physical); arranging media profile interviews for Visa’s CEO and Deputy CEO in different European markets and developing ideas and content for Thought Leadership programmes (client and PR) across Europe.
Alongside these activities, the candidate must be familiar with EU/EC policy and politics and should feel comfortable with supporting individual markets and regions in Europe with ongoing strategic counsel, working in partnership with the heads of communications and the senior executives of Visa’s six “clusters”. Some business travel is likely in this role.
The Director would also be expected to respond to incidents and/or major crises by undertaking an appropriate communications role and responsibility, which could include out of hours in the most severe crisis scenarios.
What We Expect Of You, Day To Day
- Proven self-starter with the ability to work independently as needed, think ahead, engage proactively and take initiative, while also working collaboratively as a team player
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to quickly transition from strategy to implementation, working on both simultaneously as needed
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships internally and externally, interacting with all levels of stakeholders, including senior leaders, influencing to drive impact
- Considerable subject matter expertise in payments and associated topics
- Strong understanding of EU/EC political affairs and the political media environment across Europe
- Expert media handling skills, and experience of developing and implementing media relations programmes and media training for Visa spokespeople
- Ability and flexibility to manage multiple projects under pressure
- Management of project budgets, ensuring alignment with procurement and contract processes
- Effective management of, and partnership with, external suppliers/agencies
- Passion for creating engaging corporate communications campaigns that meet business objectives, including measurement, evaluation and reporting
- Proven experience of developing and implementing integrated communications programmes (external and internal, digital, public affairs, crisis and reputation management)
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent PR qualification
- Strong written and verbal communications skills in English; fluency or full working proficiency in one other European language, preferably French or German
- Extensive experience in a corporate communications role working for, or supporting, a high-profile company/brand, working in a matrixed, multi-national corporate environment
Job Number: REF004247W
Klicken Sie hier, um sich für einen kostenlosen Kandidaten zu bewerben
⏰ 16-12-2023🌏 Frankfurt am Main, Hesse
⏰ 27-12-2023🌏 Wiesbaden, Hesse
⏰ 26-12-2023🌏 Wiesbaden, Hesse
💸 17 € – 19 € pro Stunde⏰ 15-12-2023🌏 Offenbach am Main, Hesse
⏰ 17-12-2023🌏 Kassel, Hesse
⏰ 17-12-2023🌏 Darmstadt, Hesse
⏰ 16-12-2023🌏 Frankfurt am Main, Hesse